Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde [ Sommerzeit ]

Aktuelle Zeit: Fr Sep 30, 2022 11:45 pm

Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Lands Of Lore 2 New Items
BeitragVerfasst: Mo Aug 08, 2022 1:16 pm 
Bürger von Gladstone

Hello
After a long time I decided to bury some MIX files and there are some effects. I even created a prototype program to spawn pleyer for the position of items items etc on the map, and discovered new items :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxBw11a4x2k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrOXGFguIaQ

Dateianhänge:
LOL295_Hidden_walls.7z [2.76 KiB]
24-mal heruntergeladen

Zuletzt geändert von Kolec76 am So Sep 11, 2022 11:52 am, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
 Betreff des Beitrags: Re: Lands Of Lore 2 New Items
BeitragVerfasst: Mi Aug 17, 2022 9:22 am 
Novize

Just watched the item video and I'm amazed! Never would have thought that there were items hidden in those walls ... for testing purposes, obviously.

Profil Website besuchen  
BeitragVerfasst: Fr Aug 19, 2022 3:52 am 
Novize

Hi there Kolec, I am also amazed. This is the stuff why I always come back from time to time on this website here. Its a rly interesting move from the developers to put some pics of them into a game wich lifes on and on over all the years. And this place u found is probably first discovered to this website by you - but I am not sure. Nice work. Its very inspiring to play it again one more time and to search for secrets.

BeitragVerfasst: Sa Aug 20, 2022 8:17 pm 
Diener der Krone

Interesting, being able to set a spawn point should reveal even more secrets in Lands of Lore III.

BeitragVerfasst: So Sep 04, 2022 12:35 am 
Hofzauberer

There are many such experimental spots buried within games. I've known about a few as well, such as a secret dev level in Elex (Piranha Bytes), which can be enabled through a small mod. Which, and only which, even allowed me the knowledge of a few unimplemented, not-in-use spells, all but one of which are perfectly usable in normal game, spending no resources but working as their gaming-intended versions.
Sometimes it makes me wonder, I mean, developers have the inherent narcissistic traits every creator of art would have, and they almost always loathe to see their lovingly-tinkered-on work gone when the game receives it's share of cut corners and finances, so they keep their work often secretly hidden for people with extraordinary searching interests to discover one day. One such example would be the Ascension mod for Baldur's Gate II - Throne of Bhaal, which severily increases the difficulty of the final fight of the game, but also makes it much less accepted by most people, who don't like the cookie-cutter forced strategies introduced by it.
Who knows, how much of undiscovered in many games from those days is remaining forgotten even now. It's not like the people working on games aren't bound by some undisclosure (dis)agreements they have had to sign to enable them to participate. Some discoveries and developments are bound by financial strategies and not wanted to be discovered by companies involved in their financing, but secretly are contained by people who invested their love into them.

And let's not forget the never released expansion for Ultima VIII, the Lost Vale. While at the time many people disliked the game's differing jump & run features from previous Ultima games, I actually liked the game as a newcomer, and the consequential patch for it actually fixed the uncertain click & jump mechanics of before. But certain areas within the game hinted at a later release expansion to those areas. Which, as we know by now, never happened and probably never will, either.

BeitragVerfasst: Mi Sep 07, 2022 8:05 pm 
Bürger von Gladstone

Shard of Truth hat geschrieben:
Interesting, being able to set a spawn point should reveal even more secrets in Lands of Lore III.

And this is what happens, when I search files, I am able to find interesting things :mrgreen:

A programmer would be handy to help with writing software, especially to decompress files, it would be perfect

BeitragVerfasst: Mi Sep 14, 2022 12:54 am 
Taschendieb

Kolec76 hat geschrieben:
Shard of Truth hat geschrieben:

And this is what happens, when I search files, I am able to find interesting things :mrgreen:

A programmer would be handy to help with writing software, especially to decompress files, it would be perfect

I am not sure if the pcx files are actually encrypted (Lands of Lore3)
Since i am having issues finding any tbh.
If you help with the encryption part i can finish the software i am currently writing. Picture Attached.
e.g CDSlice3.wsx didnt give me any valid .pcx metadata, i scanned the whole file.

PS: based on your nickname i guess i can say siemanko? :D

Dateianhänge:
iTriedLol3Extraction.png
iTriedLol3Extraction.png [ 36.97 KiB | 246-mal betrachtet ]
BeitragVerfasst: Fr Sep 30, 2022 2:59 pm 
Novize

Well, that's interesting! Thank you for your contribution.

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde [ Sommerzeit ]